Innovating PSG Version Innovating PSG Version

At first I was very unsure what I was listening to. It wasn't until after I clicked your link in the description that I realized this is Video Game, 8-bit music. This is actually very high quality music for an 8-bit game. After about the 1:05 mark it really registered just how well done this actually is. Kudos to you, I am impressed.

Snabisch responds:

Thank you!
I appreciate your words.

Fi's Theme Dubstep RM Fi's Theme Dubstep RM

Absolutely amazing. I guarantee this will be weekly, if not all-time. Beautiful melody to replace with such a heavy sound. I am blown away by how crystal clear each instrument has been crafted to sound, and the mastering could not have been done better.

Good job.

Noble Noble

You should not have a fifty second intro to start a three minute track. I was tired of hearing that trumpet by the time that the beat dropped. The first eight seconds were great to start with, but hearing such agressive, high-pitched trumpet blows really catches the listenener off guard so quick into the track. I'm sure something as simple as volume control could help ease the punch that the trumpet is throwing. Also, at forty seconds, the sample that you chop and repeat is at such a slow tempo that it reminded of a Family Guy skit where Peter keeps repeating an action until a commercial comes on.

I like the idea of sampling a sound like this to make a hip-hop instrumental, but I strongly encourage you to spend more time on it, and not to overpower the track by doing too much. Especially since the first few seconds of the song make an impression of being slow, calm, shut-your-eyes music.

Just remember this is only my opinion, and it honestly does not count for much.

Ishouldreallyfinishsongs Ishouldreallyfinishsongs

I love the overall sound quality as the mastering was well done, I totally understand the artist's block. Happens to me every time I sit down to chart something. But, you do have an excellent grasp on creating a clever and unique sound with trance music. I hear a great foundation for an even better track, I just hope that you get hit with inspiration and continue to work on this.

Dylnmatrix responds:

Thanks for the review! I totally did not expect to hear that it had great sound quality, I was testing out a new method of quickly mastering a track for listening. Glad to hear it worked.

I'm glad you like it and I'm hoping that I'm able to get somewhere with this as well in the future. Thanks again!

Partying On Partying On

I love the way this was made. It has such a familiar feel to it, yet it's so original. It is simple, it is calm, but it surely is catchy. Thanks for the upload.

JQiscool responds:

thanks for the review!! glad you like it!

Dubstep: Early Mourning Dubstep: Early Mourning

Respect

I just listened to it from start to finish and now it's starting to repeat. The first time I heard the song I felt energetic and excited at the 1:00 mark. But after hearing the rest of the song play through, the beginning is sounding a lot less happy the second time. I don't know how you did it, but this song is making me feel exactly how you wanted it to.

The title is clever, I didn't even catch the spelling until after the song loaded up and I saw the author comments. If you truly felt depressed when you were throwing this track together then it shined through. Well, I'm not sure how well depression could shine through something, so let's just say that it was dimly glowing throughout the song... if that makes any sense :\

I love this track and love that I got the first review. 10/10 5/5
You earned it.

Now start being happier and make music that doesn't slow down my day. I don't even want to get out of my chair anymore and I really have to pee.

DjTapey responds:

Your review put a huge smile on my face. This is exactly why I make music, even at the worst of times. People like you who get enjoyment out of it, even when I do not. You make the track beautiful by liking it, and finding it beautiful, it doesn't do all the work itself, you know? (: Thank you so much. This means so much to me, believe me. And yeah, the power of chords can make music sound a lot different a couple times around... haha (:

-= Amplus =- -= Amplus =-

very nice..

Your sense of melody is vibrant, loved the beat over all great song

TheBiocide responds:

Awesome, dude! Many thanks <3

Halo Reminiscing Halo Reminiscing

Great Work

I would however love to hear your music recorded with better equipment. But, don't get me wrong, I understand what it's like not to have the best equipment.

I can't say that I recognize this piece from Halo 3 although that's probably just because I never spent much time at the menu. This song has a wonderful feel to it (as does every song that O'Donnel composed) and it's great to hear a cover done outside of a million-dollar studio.

4/5

ninjapenguin1 responds:

Well my roommate this fall has some really good recording equipment, so we're planning on making a bunch of music, I'm excited! :)

And yeah, it's kinda easy to miss, since the piano part plays for less then a minute in the 9 Minute Menu music loop. :p

Thanks for the Review!!! :)

TR - Project Hyper TR - Project Hyper

I really don't know

Whether I like this or the other one I heard more. They sound similar but totally different, and I love them both.

~Beta~ Downpour (2nd Edit) ~Beta~ Downpour (2nd Edit)

Great sound and great vibe

You better keep making your music the way it's meant to be done.

5/5-10/10